The Indiana Soybean Alliance (ISA) is governed by a board of 24 volunteer farmer-directors plus seven non-voting ex-officio board members who meet throughout the year to develop ISA’s programs. Farmer directors are elected by Indiana soybean farmers in June by vote and take office to begin their term in November. These farmers from all over Indiana volunteer their time to improve opportunities for Indiana soybean farmers through checkoff investments and advocating for legislation and policies that support Indiana soybean farmers.
There are two volunteer directors for each of Indiana’s four districts (view district map) up for election each year. Candidate applications are due in the beginning of March, and elections in contested districts are held during the month of June by ballots sent to every soybean farmer residing in that district. Board members are elected to a three-year term and can serve three consecutive terms.
2024 Election Information
- Farmers interested in applying to be a board member must meet the eligibility requirements and fill out the Indiana Soybean Alliance Director Expectation Statement.
- These filled out statements need to be postmarked to the ISA office by March 1st, 2024,
- Ballots for voting are sent to farmer members during the month of May.
- Elections in contested districts are held during the month of June by ballots sent to every soybean farmer residing in that district.
- Board members are elected to a three-year term and can serve three consecutive terms. The term begins in November at the first meeting in the new fiscal year.
There are elections in all 4 districts in 2024 for the 2025 ISA Board of Director positions that start in November. 2 candidates will be elected for each district. Potential candidates will need to fill out the director expectation statement and follow the instructions for submission. The elections for each district are as follows:
Directors up for re-election in district 1:
District 1 includes these counties: Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Elkhart, Fulton, Howard, Jasper, Kosciusko, Lake, LaPorte, Marshall, Miami, Newton, Porter, Pulaski, Starke, St. Joseph, Tipton, Wabash, White
View District 1 on the district map here